Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stepping Out on a Limb

Well, no one else is posting and I'm going to post for a 2nd time! Last week in the bible study I facilitate, one of the women was talking about problems they are having with their middle school son. This woman is a firm Catholic who often when I bring things up in our studies is hearing them for the first time. I was talking about praying then God prompted me to talk about Satan and his plans for us and the role he could have in any of our homes. I spoke to her about praying outloud and condeming Satan, to pray in her son's room, etc. She literally said, "I've never heard of doing something like that before." I was afraid I freaked her out.

Once I got home, I was listening and God told me to offer to come pray through the rooms of her home. I knew that would probably really throw her, but I sent the email anyway. It took her three days to get back to me, but she wants me to come pray with her. I know this will be a totally new experience for her, so please pray for me as I do this with her later this week. Actually, stepping out like this is not something I always do, so this will be new for me too :)

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Wow, you are stepping out on a limb. Let us know when you are going to her house so we can be praying for you. For many of us that would be something new. Let us know how it goes.
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete